...the absent-minded ramblings of a sometime diva, hyperactive yarn ya-ya.

My Photo
Name: Cyndilou :)
Location: Texas, United States

Just a little piece of sunshine and rainbow set free to wreak happiness on the universe.

Saturday, August 16, 2003

Car repairs and other time wasters

*Warning* This is a little rant. Feel free to change channels. :)

Never. Ever. ...believe a mechanic when he tells you that it should be only 15 minutes for them to check out your car.

Yesterday was such a...farkucht...day. Most of the day went by normally, and although I have to work overtime this weekend, my day was brightened by the fact that my boss was willing to order me a salad when he ordered the rest of the team pizza. I even cheated (a teensy bit) by having a very small slice of the birthday cake we bought him.

Once work was over, I wanted to head to Nordstrom's. Yes, Austin has now arrived - we have a Nordstrom's as of yesterday! Unfortunately, my car had different ideas. Since we had 3 days of rain previously, my poor car was a mess and I decided to give it a wash. Of course, the car battery died in the wash bay. I had to push the silly thing out of the bay myself (where are all the courteous Texan gentlemen when you need one?) and walked to the nearby service station, who sent someone over to jump my battery. Needless to say I was hot, tired, and disgruntled, so I went home and sulked for a bit.

After I'd let off steam for a while, I decided I'd better take the car to get serviced before I got stuck again. So I headed to the car center at WalMart, the only place I know of open past 7 pm. I got my car in at 7:30 and was told that a battery check-up should take no more than 20 minutes. 45 minutes later, I finally see my car driven into the bay. An hour and a half later the technician comes in with my keys, hands me the bill and says, "We replaced your battery - have a nice day." Argh argh argh argh. Well, to cut off this rant before it gets completely out of hand, I was not a very happy camper.

Ok, end of rant -- you still reading?

On the good side of things that happened, I can report that Baby Olé is now mostly complete. I've finished the body (and weaved in all those ends!) and just need to block it and sew the side seams. I have not decided whether I will do the shawl collar or something simpler, but I suspect I'll at least give the shawl collar a whirl. I also got almost a foot done on the fourth Eros scarf.

...and now, it is almost time for me to go to my weekly therapy knitting session down at HCW. The day is looking better already. :)


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home