Okie dokie, peeps -- V is back for one week only, and we've gotta let her out of Austin in style!! KIP at Schlotzsky's on Lamar tonight, from about 7 or so on. Come party hearty. :)
Now, the questionnaire, Secret Pals 4
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Every yarn has a purpose -- while I do like the higher-end stuff, RH and Lion Brand can be nice for some things, too.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Crochet, yes. Spin, not yet, although I've been meaning to try my hand at it. I also weave.
3. Do you have any allergies?
Not really, although mohair makes me itch and cough up hairballs. (No, really -- it has it in for me.)
4. How long have you been knitting?
About 2 1/2 years or so -- as long as I've had a blog.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yup -- linked over in the top of the right-hand column.
6. What's your favorite scent?
Plumeria or tropical florals. Floral scents in general, although I tend to avoid too heavy of a scent.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Oh yeah, baby. And I've got the thighs to prove it.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Hmmmm...beadwork, candle- and soap-making, general handicrafts.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like just about everything except rap and acid rock. I mostly listen to folk/folk-rock and Christian music, but there's definitely a place for Dr. Demento in there. Hey, I live in the Live Music Capital of the World. :D I like to hear obscure stuff and new bands. MP3's are just fine, too.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
Fuchsia would be the fave -- I tend to stick to reds and pinks in my clothing choices, although I have been known to branch out among the jeweltones. Natural palettes are good too, as are just fun combos. Teals - not so much.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Single with no pets.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To get married and have two beautiful children (okay, so I'm regressing - sue me). To make it big (or at least local) with my singing.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Koigu. I love the color combinations -- all handpaint yarns tend to be fabulous, in fact. :D
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Can't do mohair. Well, I can
, but I can't wear it if I make it. *pout*
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I am not allowed to have another obsession until I finish the vest I am working on.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, shawls, hats, eh, whatever pattern I focus on at the moment. :D
17. What are you knitting right now?
The aforementioned vest, crocheting a skirt from Koigu PPPM (oy, 144 squares and all those ENDS), knitting a UT poncho, and a few other things that I am deliberately not remembering until I finish one or more of these three. :D
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Depends on my mood. I've seen a lot of fabulous ones, haven't made myself a warm one yet.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circular. Love my Denise's - thinking of getting a second set. If only they came in smaller sizes (but hey, that's what the Addi's are for... :)
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Depends on the project. I've used them all.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yes and no - I know how and I like to do it, but I've only finished one pair despite all the fabulous sock yarn I want to play with.
22. How did you learn to knit?
Taught myself from a couple books.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Knitted - about a year. Crocheted - about 12 years. Oy. Don't get me started on the needlepoints I never finished.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Garfield. And the Animaniacs.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas and Easter. I'm Lutheran and I think they're both equally important. :D
26. Is there anything that you collect? Used to collect Beanie Babies, but I haven't in quite a while. I love angels, roosters, fabulously funky earrings, and anything with bluebonnets on it. Oh, and UT stuff (that's The University of Texas at Austin, for those Volunteers out there :).
Well, I'm sure I forgot something, but hopefully that will give my SP (whoever you are) something to go on. I can't wait to get started - I've already got some ideas for my SP but I need to know preferences first.